- The amount to be awarded is $2,000 annually for 2 semesters; $1,000 for the Fall semester and $1,000 for the Spring semester
- The number of awards to be given each year is 10 (one per college and one for AFA)
- This scholarship is generally not awarded in the Summer Semester
- Awarded to a registered full-time student
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship he/she must:
- Not necessarily be a U.S. Citizen
- Not necessarily be a Louisiana Resident
- Be eligible to enter his/her Senior Year or accepted as a graduate student at UL Lafayette
- Have a 3.0 grade point average to be eligible
- Must be a full-time student (12 hours or more in the semester(s) received for undergraduate studies; 9 hours or more for graduate studies)
For AFA scholarship only:
- Be a current active member of AFA
- Additional criteria including active participation in AFA club events/activities as established by AFA membership
- Be a major in any college
For graduate students only:
- This scholarship is available to graduate students, as well as students who are eligible to enter his/her senior year. To be eligible as a a graduate student, you must select "Graduate School" as your college in the online application.
- If you are presently an undergraduate but have been accepted as a graduate student at UL Lafayette for the upcoming fiscal year, you may apply. Select "Graduate School" as your college in the online application and include this information in your answer to the question, "What are your plans and goals for the future?"
- Graduate student applicants do not need to submit an official transcript with their application; the Graduate School will secure the transcript on your behalf.
- Recipients of this award must enroll as a full-time graduate student, which is in at least 9 graduate credit hours.
- Recipients of this award must be pursuing their graduate studies at UL Lafayette. This is not a scholarship that can be applied to graduate studies at another institution.
Note: Should the eligibility requirements result in the scholarship becoming unduly difficult to award, the selection committee will award to the student who most closely matches the criteria in the original guidelines.
Scholarship Selection Committee participants will include:
- The Executive Director of the UL Lafayette Alumni Association
- The Alumni Association Scholarship Committee
- The Director of the UL Lafayette Scholarship Office
In order for a student to receive the second portion of his/her scholarship, the student must successfully complete the semester as a full-time student and have a 3.0 cumulative GPA. The University publicizes the availability of the scholarship. Each year's recipients are appropriately publicized. Periodic reports to scholarship donors are made on the academic progress of the recipient by the UL Lafayette Scholarship Office.
Application deadline is April 1, 2020.