What is the Association of Future Alumni?
Founded in 1994, the Association of Future Alumni (AFA) promotes good fellowship among students; strengthens ties of loyalty and devotion between students and their alma mater; and at all times furthers the interests of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Who can apply?
Current undergraduate and graduate students who:
• have completed at least 30 credit hours
• maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
• are in good standing with the University
How do AFA members serve the University?
AFA members serve as student ambassadors on one of three committees: Programming, Philanthropy, Public Relations.
• Programming committee members create and execute events including: Grad Expo, Ring Ceremony, Rock the Swamp, Spring Gala, Holiday Open House, Easter Social and tailgating during home football games.
• Philanthropy committee members create and execute on-campus philanthropic educational activities; and participate in donor cultivation and stewardship initiatives.
• Public Relations committee members work with both the Programming and Philanthropy committees to create strategic marketing and promotion of the AFA organization, its mission and events.
• work directly with division of Advancement staff, current students, faculty and alumni to create a culture of philanthropy on campus and within the community by participating in donor tours, alumni visits and solicitation activities with current students.
• provide a minimum of 10 hours each semester of office assistance in the Alumni Association with projects and activity development to further the organization’s mission.
Duties include: presentations to student groups and campus organizations; event set-up and breakdown; communication with key university stakeholders during events and tours; direct solicitation of students through multiple channels; and administrative tasks (including mailings and phone calls).
What are the benefits of being an AFA member?
AFA members are rewarded with professional networking opportunities with alumni and donors, the development of sought-after workplace skills and being change agents for the current and future UL Lafayette student experience.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted until August 18. Interviews for qualified applicants will be held August 21-25.